Friday, November 11, 2011

Finally

At the beginning of the year one could find me nestled tightly under a warm blanket in my room, most days after school. Nothing but silence filled the room and not even my phone would take me away from my reading. Now most days after school one would find me stuffing my face with any food at hand reach and perhaps going the whole day without picking up a book. I don't know what changed exactly! At the beginning of the year I tore through books like a speeding train, now i'm more like a slow moving horse and wagon. I had trouble meeting my page requirements (but it didn't help that i just got the memo that i was suppose to read 150 pages, not 100). But I have a feeling that I stopped reading for me, and read because Mr. Hill made me. When a teacher asks you to do something it suddenly and unfortunately becomes a tedious task. It became another homework assignment that came to be dreaded on a daily basis. Perhaps I also stopped meeting my page requirement because recently I have ran into some awful luck with books! The last three books were astoundingly slow moving and the characters did very little for me. At the beginning of the year I was pleased with my books and had a hard time putting them down! But I undoubtedly had a trend of reading books that were later made into major motions pictures. I'm not sure, i haven't even seen the movies they were made into, save Into the Wild! It was just a habit that I tried to break, and once I did I ended up unsatisfied. Well I've hope you'd enjoyed looking at my blog Mr. Hill. I'm pretty sure you're the only one who ever did! Well that's the word on the streets. Fresh money out yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment