Friday, September 23, 2011

Currently

With the one more book under my belt I have moved onto a new book called "Into to the Wild." Written by Jon Krakauer. The book shares of the story of Christopher Johnson McCandless, and his adventure to Alaska to escape a materialistic world. Adding up the ending pages from The Help and the new pages of Into the Wild, that would bring my total number of pages read this week 140. Today Mr. Hill has asked us to choose our favorite sentences that we have blogged about so far. Well here we go...

1.) "Philanthropy isn't only measured in dollars." This is one of my favorites because when I grow up i want to work in Philanthropy, but it is never too early to start giving.

2.) "Before I know it, she done pulled down her panties and tinkled in it ( the old toilet sitting in the front yard) and I'm chasing after her with half a dozen horns honking and a man in a hat taking pictures."

3.) ." 'And isn't it kind of expensive, carting all this tin across the world to Ethipoia?' Mary Joline asks. 'Doesn't it make more sense just to send a check?' (referring to giving canned food to the poor starving children in Ethipoia)
4.) "No tattoos, unless you're in the armed forces" just some general good advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment