Sunday, October 9, 2011

and FINALLY it's over

I love reading. I love reading a good book. I did not love Into the Wild. It tells an amazing story and gives a beautiful insight into the life of Christopher McCandless! But it dragged on and on that by the end I was actually glad to put it down. The author tells a story that could easily be written in a bias manner, in a bias way, which leaves the reader to create his or her own opinion. But the author revealed too much detail into things i don't care about. When the author went back to the place where Christopher died he was accompanied by three men, I don't care where they went to school or where they grew up! I only wanted to hear about Christopher-turned Supertramp. And his journey into the wild. However, the end was amazing. It didn't have some deep thought that left the reader wondering and wanting more (No I definitely didn't want more) it instead gave Alex Supertramp and Christopher McCandless peace. The book gave the reader all the facts and all the tales, without leaving anything up to contradiction, and let the reader decide how to take it. In the end it all seemed innocent, it didn't take away the pain or end the grieving, but it put the minds and hearts at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment